We disclose such information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and each of our and their officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, agents, and/or business partners on an “as needed” basis.
Last modified: 2/28/2019
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you access, use, or otherwise obtain products or services from the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information, as well as certain rights and options that you have with regard to your personal information.
- On this Website; and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages exchanged between you and this Website.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to contact us, submit your resume, obtain certain products or services, or obtain information about certain products or services from the Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website owned by Simplified Medical Management or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is It Collected?
We may collect and process the following information from you for the following purposes:
|Category||Types of Data and Purpose|
|Personal Information||We collect information you share through the Website, including the following personal information: first name, last name, email address, phone number, company name, zip / postal code, and any other information that you provide (for example, on your resume) that is defined as personal or personally identifiable under an applicable law. As a general rule, we use personal information only for processing transactions on behalf of our clients or for the purpose for which you have divulged the data to us, such as to answer your inquiries, provide you with the information, products, or services you have requested from us, or consider you for employment.|
|Non-Personal Information||We also collect non-personal information including, but not limited to, the kind of product or service you are seeking from us. We use this information for sales, customer service, and technical support purposes, such as providing support to our clients, answering your inquiries, or providing you with information about specific products or services.|
|Automated Information||When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information from your browser or your mobile device, such as: Internet Protocol (IP) address; the originating name of the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Website; the pages of the Website that you visit or use; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website; and the type of operating system and/or browser you use to access the Website. We collect this information in order to operate and provide the Website, and our products and services. This information is used to protect our Website, products, and services, and to help us improve the Website by tabulating the number of visitors to the Website in terms of new users, origin of referrers, popularity of pages, amount of use, and types of errors, and to make the Website more useful to you. We analyze this data for certain trends in statistics, such as which parts of the Website users are visiting and how long they spend there.We use our web servers, cookies, Google Analytics, and other analytics technologies to collect and process this information. The information automatically collected is statistical data and may include limited personal information (such as IP address). We may also maintain or associate this information with personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us. You may learn more about how Google uses the information it collects by visiting the following site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” (located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).|
|Location Information||When you use our Website, we collect information about your location when using our Website, products, and services for internal analytics purposes and to protect our Website, products, and services. Location information that we collect includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address.|
|Behavioral Information||When you use our Website, we collect behavioral information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. We use this behavioral information to help us improve the Website and to analyze this data for certain trends.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email communications from us, we may use certain technologies to capture data related to when you open our message or click on any links or banners it contains. We use this information to track the effectiveness of our email communications|
|Support / Inquiries||If you contact us for support or ask us questions, we will collect the information you provide to us over the phone or in your email message. Typically, we will need your name, company, email address, telephone number, and a description of the nature of your issue or request in order to respond to your request for support or answer your question. If you contact us by email, we will retain copies of your correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, the conversation may be recorded. In each case, we collect or record this information for purposes of evaluating the quality of our products and services or to protect both parties in the event of a dispute.|
|Testimonials||We collect personal testimonials of satisfied clients on the products and services offered through the Website. With your consent, we may display your testimonial along with your name on the Website.|
How Will We Use Your Information?
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with requested information, products, or services;
- To manage our relationship with you, including administering your accounts and processing transactions;
- To present and improve Website content and functionality;
- To determine user interests, needs, and preferences;
- To provide notice of changes to our Website, or the products and services we offer or provide through the Website;
- To develop new products and services;
- To manage and maintain the security of our Website, products, and services;
- To market our and third-party products and services to you; (Where legally required to do so, we will only provide you with marketing related information after you have opted in to receive those communications and we have provided you with the opportunity to opt-out of such communications at any time. We do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties.)
- To display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences; (While we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, clicking on or otherwise interacting with an advertisement may indicate to the advertiser that you meet its target criteria.)
- To comply with our legal and compliance obligations, including maintaining records, performing compliance audits, etc.
- For insurance purposes;
- To exercise and defend our legal rights, or to comply with court orders;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose to which you have consented.
- because it is necessary for us to do so to perform the services or provide the information or products you have requested, to comply with your instructions, or other contractual obligations between you and Simplified Medical Management;
- to comply with our legal obligations as well as to keep records of our compliance processes;
- because our legitimate interests, or those of a third-party recipient of your personal information, makes the processing necessary, provided those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- because it is necessary to protect your vital interests;
- because it is necessary in the public interest; or
- because you have expressly given us your consent to process your personal information in a particular manner.
We do not use your personal information for making any automated decisions affecting or creating profiles other than as described above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information in the following contexts:
|Category||Types of Data and Purpose|
|Personal Information||We disclose such information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and each of our and their officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, agents, and/or business partners as necessary to provide you with the information, products, or services you have requested from us, answer your inquiries, or any other purpose for which you have provided the information to us.|
|Non-Personal Information||We disclose such information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and each of our and their officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, agents, and/or business partners on an “as needed” basis. We may share non-personal information with third parties on an individual or aggregate basis.|
|Automated Information||We disclose such information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and each of our and their officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, agents, and/or business partners on an “as needed” basis.|
|Location Information||We disclose such information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and each of our and their officers, directors, employees, accountants, attorneys, agents, and/or business partners on an “as needed” basis.|
|Support / Inquiries|
|Testimonials||We display personal testimonials of satisfied clients on the products and services offered through the Website.|
|Third Parties||In certain circumstances, we may share data with trusted third-party vendors to help us develop the Website, provide you with products and/or services that you requested from us, perform statistical analysis, send you communications, provide support, or enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements. All such third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide services to us (or to you on our behalf) or as required by law.|
|Legal / Safety / Fraud||We provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it. We will disclose your information in order to protect or defend the legal rights or property of Simplified and its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, and their employees and agents, to protect the safety and security of users, and to protect against fraud.|
|Sale of Assets / Bankruptcy||If Simplified Medical Management sells, transfers, or otherwise shares some or all of its assets in connection with a merger, reorganization, or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy, your personal information will be one of the assets sold, transferred, or shared.|
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide us or that we collect from you. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for promotional purposes.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not want to receive promotions from us, you can opt-out by emailing us requesting that we not contact you, or by using the opt-out or unsubscribe links contained in the email communications we send to you.
- Analytics Opt-out Options. If you do not want your information collected with Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page (located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) and install the add-on for your browser. For more details, visit the “Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on” page (located at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en).
- Device Opt-out Options. Your mobile device may provide options to (a) opt-out of receiving notifications or advertisements, or (b) to limit ad tracking. Please refer to your device’s settings to determine the options available for your device.
How Long Do We Store Your Personal Information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We also will retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, provide our products and services, and enforce our agreements.
When we no longer have a purpose to retain your personal information, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable law and our policies.
Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. While our security measures seek to protect your personal information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that your personal information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. As a user of the Website, you are responsible for the use and protection of any information you share through the Website.
Any transmission of personal information to our Website is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our Website or our systems that compromises your personal information, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are required to do so by applicable law.
Updating Your Personal Information
We are not responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you provide to us.
Your Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Information
Right of Access. If required by law and upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you.
Accuracy. Our goal is to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete. Please contact us if you believe your information is not accurate or changes.
Right to Object. In certain circumstances, as permitted under applicable law, you have the right to object to processing of your personal information and to ask us to erase or restrict our use of your personal information. If you would like us to stop using your personal information, please contact us and we will let you know if are able to agree to your request.
Once we have received notice that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Withdrawal of consent to receive marketing communications will not affect the processing of personal information for the provision of other products or services.
Online Tracking (“Do Not Track”). We do not currently recognize browser settings or signals of tracking preferences, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
California Residents. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 allows California residents to request a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us at:
Simplified Medical Management
Attn: Website Service Department
208 McFarland Circle North, Suite 200
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
Please note, however, that we do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
European Union or European Economic Area Residents. If you are located in the EU or EEA and believe we have not processed your personal information in accordance with applicable provisions of the GDPR, you may lodge a complaint with your local data protection or supervisory authority.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Information
Residents of the EU / EEA. We rely on recognized legal bases to lawfully conduct cross-border transfers of personal information outside of the EU and EEA, such as your express informed consent (as noted above), when transfer is necessary for us to deliver products or services pursuant to an agreement or contract for such products or services between Simplified Medical Management and you, or when the transfer is subject to safeguards that assure the protection of your personal information, such as European Commission’s approved standard contractual clauses.
We cannot and do not (i) guarantee the adequacy of privacy, security, practices, content, or media provided by third parties or their websites, (ii) control third parties’ independent collection or use or your personal information, or (iii) endorse any third-party information, products, services, or websites that may be reached through embedded links on our Website.
For more information about COPPA, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reformproceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule.
Simplified Medical Management
Attn: Website Services Department
208 McFarland Circle North, Suite 200
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406